Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Halloween 2010

While everyone were busy with costumes and such for Halloween, my family was busy doing this:

I've had some not so nice comments about how we don't "let" our kids celebrate Halloween. I don't particularly care about Halloween and neither do my husband. This year, I tried to talk Aden into doing the whole Halloween thing. Just to feel like we're "normal". He was not buying it. He didn't want to dress up. He said he didn't want to be anyone, just Aden. I was so proud of him, of not caring what others do and just doing what feels right to him. We made a family decision to enjoy one more year of not celebrating Halloween. So, off to the beach we went. And frankly, no amount of sugar can ever top this sweet treat. I'm glad my kids agree....for now.

No comments: