Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Leaving the hospital...

Just like the last time (Aden's birth), I was sad to leave the hospital. Our room was our little cocoon, I felt sheltered from everything else going on in the world and everything revolves around me and my family in that room. I love all the nurses that helped us while we were there, they were all very helpful and took very good care of us. This time was even more special for me since my doctor was there every day to check on us and it just really meant a lot to me that she was able to deliver both my babies. I will miss seeing her, not enough though to get pregnant again. My delivery and recovery was the best I could ever hope for. I can't believe I was close to pain-free the day after my surgery. Of course it helps that we were on top of the meds to make sure that I'm comfortable, but I don't remember recovering so quickly the last time. I think what helped the most is having a great nurse who made me get out of bed at 5am; just being able to stand up that early helped me a lot a few hours later and I was walking with no pain! And although I was heavily drugged, I am just amazed at how much I remember. I willed myself to pay extra attention to everything that's going on, I just wanted to remember the entire experience. I was anxious before the surgery, just having a major surgery is not something that I take lightly. But my doctor and the anesthesiologist were just great at keeping me relaxed and telling me what to expect that towards the end, I was questioning myself what I was so nervous about. I just feel so lucky that everything went so smoothly, even though it happened 2 days earlier! I guess Kadence just wanted to be born the same day (on a Tuesday) as her brother.

We didn't get much sleep and rest at the hospital, it seemed like the 4 days went by so quickly and we were very busy. Aden was there every day, thanks to my mom who brought him in so that he can quickly bond with his sister. We were also thankful to all our friends and families who came and visited....we really appreciated how everyone were excited for us and spent time out of their busy schedules to see our little one. We love sharing this experience with everyone who means a lot to us and we feel so blessed to have such great families and friends.

No comments: